Call for Proposals: MATRIX-SMRI Research Symposium 2021
UPDATE: The deadline for MATRIX-SMRI Research Symposium proposals has been extended to 18 June. MATRIX (Creswick) and the Sydney Mathematical Research Institute invite proposals for a joint Research Symposium to be held in a hybrid format (in-person/on-line) in 2021.
The joint MATRIX-SMRI Research Symposium will be centred around one distinguished international researcher who will Chair the Symposium, or one key publication for which one of the international authors will be designated Chair.
The hybrid research symposium will normally run for at least two weeks with face-to-face and online components. The Chair will deliver at least two online lectures coordinated by SMRI in the lead-up to a central face-to-face intensive research event for up to 20 participants at the MATRIX facilities in Creswick.
Local participants may also present seminars during the online lead-up. Those who are not able to travel to MATRIX due to COVID-19 travel restrictions can participate online during this event. During or after the face-to-face event at MATRIX, the Chair will take part in an online discussion session, facilitated by SMRI.
How to apply
Proposals should come with a team of organisers including at least two organisers planning to attend in person at MATRIX. Organisers should aim for gender balance. The application should contain:
- Title of the suggested research symposium
- Research Program organisers including up to 10 publications relevant to the proposal of each of the organisers
- Dates of the event – please refer to scheduled MATRIX Research Programs to identify available gaps in the calendar
- Description of the topic and focus of event, recent results, references (4-6 pages)
- The proposed provisional program of the research symposium, taking into account the different time zones
- List of up to 20 suggested participants at MATRIX and up to 10 online participants during the MATRIX face-to-face component of the symposium
- Event budget
Please prepare a PDF proposal in the format outlined in the guidelines and attach/submit via the call for programs webform.
Applications close on Friday, 18 June 2021.
How to apply
If you have any questions, please contact the SMRI team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the MATRIX Office at email@example.com