SMRI congratulates the invited speakers for the International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) 2022, the most influential meeting in pure and applied mathematics as well as one of the world’s oldest scientific congresses. The ICM will be held in Saint Petersburg over 6–14 July 2022.
Three Australia-based mathematicians are invited speakers:
- Regina Burachik (University of South Australia, Section 16 – Control Theory and Optimisation),
- Amnon Neeman (Australian National University, Section 2 – Algebra)
- George Willis (University of Newcastle, Section 2 – Algebra)
Two mathematicians who have presented SMRI Algebra & Geometry Online seminars are invited speakers:
- Peng Shan (Tsinghua University, Section 7 – Lie Theory and Generalisations); link to SMRI seminar recording
- Lauren Williams (Harvard University, Sections 7,11 – PDEs, & 13 – Combinatorics); link to SMRI seminar recording